Fighting for You!
Have You Been Charged with a:
- No Valid Driver’s License?
- Driving while License Suspended, Canceled or Revoked (DWLS)?
- Resisting Arrest without Violence?
- Petit Theft?
- Violation of Probation?
- Under age Possession of Alcohol?
- Possession of Cannabis?
- Possession of Cocaine?
- Trafficking in Cocaine/Oxycodone in a Controlled Substance, etc?
Put the experience of a former Public Defender to work for you! Tampa Criminal Defense Lawyer – The Law Office of J. Armando Edmiston, P.A. Call now
Tampa Florida Criminal Defense Attorney
Armando Edmiston, a Tampa criminal defense lawyer, defends the following Florida crimes:
Assault and Battery
- Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Battery
- Domestic Violence Battery
- Felony Battery
Burglary and Trespass
- Burglary of a Dwelling
- Burglary of a Structure
- Burglary of a Conveyance
- Possession of Burglary Tools
- Trespass on Property
- Trespass on School Grounds
- Trespass in a Structure
- Trespass in a Conveyance
Crimes Against Children
- Child Abuse
- Aggravated Child Abuse
- Child Neglect
- Aggravated Child Neglect
- Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor
- Soliciting Child for Unlawful Sex
- Traveling to Meet a Minor for Unlawful Sex
- Possession of Cocaine
- Possession of Heroin
- Possession of Marijuana (Cannabis)
- Possession of Xanax (Alprazolam)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- First Degree Murder
- Second Degree Murder
- Third Degree Murder
Obstruction of Justice
- Resisting Officer With Violence
- Resisting Officer Without Violence
- Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer
Public Order Crimes
- Criminal Mischief
- Disorderly Conduct
- Disorderly Intoxication
- Loitering and Prowling
- Possession of Alcohol by a Minor
Robbery and Carjacking
- Robbery (aka Strong Arm Robbery)
- Robbery by Sudden Snatching
- Robbery with a Deadly Weapon
- Robbery with a Firearm
- Home Invasion Robbery
- Sexual Battery and Rape
- Lewd or Lascivious Battery
- Lewd or Lascivious Molestation
- Lewd or Lascivious Conduct
- Lewd or Lascivious Exhibition
Theft and Fraud
- Dealing in Stolen Property
- Grand Theft
- Petit Theft
- Theft of Lost or Abandoned Property
- Driving on a Suspended Driver’s License
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Fleeing and Attempting to Elude Law Enforcement
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Reckless Driving
- Carrying a Concealed Firearm
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Improper Exhibition of a Weapon
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
A No Valid Driver’s License charge or a Driving While License Suspended Canceled or Revoked can be very serious. A No Valid Driver’s License charge, is a second degree misdemeanor punishable by up to sixty (60) days jail and a fine of up to $500.
A DWLS (Driving While License Suspended Canceled or Revoked) can be a criminal offense or a civil infraction. It depends on whether the officer cited you “with knowledge” or “without knowledge.” If the DWLS is “without knowledge,” then it is a civil infraction. However, please note that if you are adjudicated for the civil infraction it will count towards you becoming an HTO (Habitual Traffic Offender). Becoming an HTO will result in you having your driving privileges suspended for a period of five (5) years. If the officer cited you “with knowledge,” then the DWLS is a First Degree Misdemeanor punishable by up to one (1) year in jail and a fine up to $500. If you get adjudicated or are found guilty, then the conviction will count towards you becoming an HTO. You can become an HTO in any of the following ways:
- If you plea to three (3) DWLS charges
- If you plea to one (1) DUI and two (2) DWLS charges
If you have been charged with any driving charges, call Armando right away to discuss your options. Armando has been successful in helping clients get back their license, prevent jail and HTO status. Tampa Criminal Defense Lawyer – The Law Office of J. Armando Edmiston P.A., Fighting for you!
A misdemeanor is a crime which is punishable by up to one (1) year in County Jail. Misdemeanors crimes include: Resisting Arrest without Violence, Petit Theft, Battery, Trespassing, Possession of Cannabis, and Possession of Alcohol by a minor. Armando has successfully represented hundreds of people with these types of crimes. The best way to handle these types of cases is to thoroughly investigate the facts, gather crucial evidence and critical witness statements within thirty (30) days of the incident. After the investigatory stage, Armando will file all applicable pre-trial motions to get evidence and statements suppressed! Most misdemeanors are resolved in the pre-trial stages by aggressively advocating for the clients through aggressive motion practice. The Law Office of J. Armando Edmiston P.A., Fighting for you! Call Armando today for a free consultation 813-482-0355.
A felony is a crime which is punishable by prison from one (1) year to life. Felony crimes include: Possession of Cocaine, Possession of a Controlled Substance, Possession of Marijuana over 20 grams, Felony Battery, Burglary, Robbery and Trafficking in Oxycodone or Hydrocodone or Cocaine or Marijuana. These crimes are very serious and require a lot of attention to detail and hard work to build a defense. In drug cases, the State Attorney will have audio, video and a snitch to convict you. As your attorney I can depose all witnesses against you to help develop a defense. I will also explore all options regarding pre-trial motions to suppress evidence and statements to give you the edge in trial. In Burglary and Robbery charges usually the victims pick pictures out of a photo pack. As your Attorney, I can attack the bias of the photo pack and explore the possibility that the photo pack was suggestive or that the police did not follow the proper protocol. If the photo pack is suggestive or the police did not follow protocols, then I can file a motion to exclude the out of court identity and the photo pack and possibly get the Burglary or Robbery dismissed. To have your case evaluated today, Call the Tampa Criminal Defense Lawyer | Law office of J. Armando Edmiston, P.A., Fighting For You!
Tampa Criminal Defense Lawyer
For a FREE Consultation, Please Call Us At:
Tampa Criminal Defense Lawyer | Tampa Criminal Defense Attorney